Recent Public Presentations
by Daniel W. Koon
- Daniel Koon , Fei Wang , Dirch Hjorth Petersen , Ole Hansen, “Sensitivity of charge transport measurements to local inhomogeneities”, March Meeting of the American Physical Society, Boston, March 2012.
- D. W. Koon, C. C. W. Griffin, J. R. Ares, F. Leardini, C. Sánchez, “Novel geometry for
simultaneous resistive, Hall and optical measurements of MgHx thin films”, March Meeting of the American Physical Society, Pittsburgh, March 2009.
- “Nonlinearity in the effect of an inhomogeneous Hall angle”, March Meeting of the American Physical Society, Denver, March 2007.
- "Say it with Microwaves: The SLU Microwave Symposium",
Interamerican Conference on Physics Education, IACPE IX, San Jose, Costa Rica, July 2006. (Work in progress)
- Ideas for Advanced Lab Projects at SLU, Spring 2005.
- “The nonlinear effect of resistive inhomogeneities on van der Pauw measurements”, March Meeting of the American Physical Society, Los Angeles, March 2005.
- “Martians in the Plaza de la Revolución: the history and future of Cuban science fiction”, SLU Science Colloquium, Jan. 28, 2005.
- D. W. Koon and J. Ouellette, “Using muon physics to teach relativity, radiation, and instrumentation”, Interamerican Conference on Physics Education, IACPE VIII, Havana, Cuba, July 2003 (poster).
- “Hydrogen research in Costa Rica”, SLU Science Colloquium, March 28, 2003.
- D. W. Koon and J. Gottschall, “Using science fiction to teach science, fiction, and communications skills”, Interamerican Conference on Physics Education, IACPE VIII, Havana, Cuba, July 2003.
- "Polar bear fiber optics, twenty years later: Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't photonic, was he?", Invited talk, AMFOPS (Alaska Meeting on Fundamental Processes in Semiconductors), Girdwood, Alaska, Aug. 10, 2001.
- "The Hall effect in hydrided rare earth films: removing bilayer effects", 10th Latin American Conference on Surface Science and Its Applications (CLACSA X), July 3-7, 2001.
Return to Koon's homepage.