Lawrence Geology Alumni
VISIONS FOR GEOLOGY
- First Announcement: HTML (January 1, 2007)
- Second Announcment: HTML | PDF
(May 7, 2007)
- Third Announcment: HMTL | PDF (July 20, 2007)
- To ensure that you are on the electronic
mailing list for
SLUGAC announcements - please send email to Sarah
with your email address.
of interested alumni
Form (Fill In PDF
- General Outline of Schedule
Schedule (complete details)
- Conference Agenda
(includes times and locations)
- Speaker List *updated with
- R.O. & Vera Bloomer
on September 14th will be given by Bill Van Wie '67
- Exploration For Oil & Gas
In The Deepwater Gulf Of Mexico: New Discoveries, New Challenges
- Bloomer Banquet Menu
abstract for the proceedings. (By June 15, 2007)
- Please attach a 200-300 word abstract about your talk to the
email message (or paste it into the body of the message).
- Subject of the email: "SLUGAC 6 Abstract"
your resume for the proceedings. (Alumni by August 15, 2007 Current students by September 5, 2007 (the sooner the
- WHO: Current Students and
Alumni who wish to have their resume in the proceedings
resumes let the current students see the various paths we have taken in
our education and careers to give them an idea of the variety of
options out there. Students will also have alumni contact
information to be able to ask questions. Student resumes will serve to
introduce you to the alumni as well as advertise yourselves to alumni
who may have job or internship possibilities in the future.
- Please attach a 1-2 page resume in text or
MS word format to the email message. Some reformatting may occur.
- The file should have 1" margins all the way around and
please do not put anything in the header or footer of the file.
- Subject of the email: "SLUGAC 6 Resume"
Elberty, Jr. Medal
- William T. Elberty, Jr. Medal
- Call for Nominations
Deadline: July 15, 2007
- Letters of Nomination may be sent to electronically or by US
Subject: SLUGAC6: WTE Medal Nomination
William T. Elberty, Jr. Medal
11540 Clematis Blvd
Pittsburgh, PA 15235
T. Elberty, Jr. Memorial Medal Auction
- If you have items to donate to the auction, please let us
know and we will post information here ahead of time.
- Please bring what ever you have that you think your fellow
alums will pay for - geology related, SLU memorabilia, books, etc.
- We have rooms "reserved" at the Best Western. The link
above will take you tothe info you need. Be sure to mention
SLUGAC when calling about a reservation.
- Do you want a roommate for the weekend to split hotel
Sarah to be put on a list of names and contact info.
You can then contact
people on the list and see about sharing a room.
- Traveling, carpooling,
helping younger alums
- Are you driving and willing to help someone else get the
Canton? We do have some younger alumni who would like to attend, but
are limited on travel funds or possibilities. If you are interested in
picking someone up along the way or if you need a ride, or want to
carpool let Sarah McElfresh know and she will put alumni in touch with
each other and have a list linked from the SLUGAC 6 website.
- Offer of a ride from the Hartford CT area via Springfield and
Albany. If interested contact Sarah McElfresh and she'll put you
in touch with the alum.
- Need Financial
Incentive to attend?
- For every SLUGAC you’ve attended get $10 off the registration
for the next one.
- Young Alumni
Registration Fee Support
- Are you interested in donating to a fund to help young alumni
- We are setting up a fund to help alumni who have
graduated within the past 6 years of the current SLUGAC to help with
registration fees. Please let Mark or Sarah know.
- If you are a young alum in need of registration fee support,
please talk to Mark or Sarah.
- Driving Directions
- Maps of Campus
- You'll want to park in J LOT which is off of Park
Street. From the lot is a path up to Flint Hall (#29 on the
campus map) - go straight into the building, go through 2 doors to get
to a set of stairs, go up the stairs to get to the main level (now in
Valentine Hall (#30 on campus map)) turn right and go to the end
of the hall - You'll enter into Brown Hall (#28 on campus map) and
Bloomer Auditorium where the presentations will be is in the back
- The Geology Club is selling Root
- Information on the page linked above on price and how to
pre-order. All proceeds support the Geology Club's field trips
and other activities.
- Intent to
present a talkor attend: ASAP
- Abstract Submission deadline: June 15, 2007
- W.T. Elberty Medal Nominations: July 15, 2007
Resume Submission deadline: August
Registration: September 1, 2007
- Current Student Resume Submission deadline: September 5, 2007
- Conference Dates:
September 13 - 15, 2007